We've kept our guidelines simple, so that you can easily familiarise yourself, and get to enjoy the community as soon as possible, however, we do enforce these guidelines strictly, to ensure everyone has a great time.
These guidelines are enforced to protect members who post just as much as they are designed to assist our staffing team within the Cortex Mods community. By posting here at Cortex Mods, you agree to abide by these guidelines and waive any right to continue any membership should we deem it necessary to terminate said membership.
- You may only have one account per household.
- You are not permitted to access another user's account at all times.
- Any vulgar, offensive or otherwise obscene usernames will result in a ban.
- Using your username as a form of advertising will result in your name being changed by a member of Staff.
- Impersonating a member of Staff, popular trademarks, or using other misleading names is not allowed.
- Not Safe For Work (Nude, sexualised or offensive) profile photos, profile cover photos, and signatures are forbidden.
- Cortex Mods is an English-speaking forum. Any posts that are made using another language will be removed.
- Familiarise yourself with the board. Posting in the correct forums will provide you with more timely replies. Please take a moment to search for a solution to your problem before posting a support topic.
- Please use descriptive topic titles. Topics like "Help!", "Look", or "Error" are not acceptable and will be removed.
- We're all human. If you're giving criticism, try to be as constructive as possible and be respectful. Flaming will not be tolerated.
- If a topic is locked by a Staff member, leave it. Do not create a duplicate topic.
- Cortex Mods does not provide support for user-submitted content.
You may only bump your topic once every Twenty-Four (24) hours, from the date of the last post.
- Bumping is not permitted anywhere else on this site.
Responding to any content with "thanks", "good", "cool" or anything of the sort is considered spam.
- This includes one-word responses or "welcome" posts in intro topics.
- If you feel the need to express gratitude, please use the reputation system, the review system, or thank them via PM.
- When posting a lengthy amount of code, don't just wrap it in Code tags, wrap the code and the Code tags in Spoiler tags. This prevents having to scroll endlessly to move past the code when viewing a topic.
- Copy / pasting the same message in created topics or creating several pointless spam topics in an effort to fraudulently increase your post count or for any other reason is prohibited.
- Do NOT send unsolicited support requests to other users or Staff. This includes content that is sexual in nature, solicitation of funds, unsolicited advertising of your site or services, as well as support, product, or service requests. Failure to comply may result in PM and/or account suspensions. This includes asking for support via Discord outside of the intended #support channel.
- You may not use our service(s) as a means to create, promote, or otherwise facilitate websites or communities that are similar in nature to Cortex Mods, most especially file sharing.
- Any content that involves vulnerabilities, compromise their account, or exposes end-users to potentially malicious code is not permitted here.
- Status updates are not to be used for requesting support, complaining about other users or Staff, or for advertisements of your site, services, or needs.
- You may advertise your website in your signature, but it must not be of a similar nature to Cortex Mods or a third-party hosting provider and it cannot contain pornography or other lewd materials. If you become inactive at Cortex Mods, your signature may be removed. You may not advertise for Staff positions in your signature. If you are banned, your signature will be removed. We will also remove signatures that are nasty and/or not in the spirit of our community guidelines (and you may have disciplinary action taken against you for violation of our guidelines). One site link per signature, please.
- Pictures are permitted within signatures but keep in mind that large images or images that cause forum lag will be removed. We don't want your signature to hinder the browsing experience of others. Obviously, pictures must comply with our community guidelines. Please refrain from using excessive multi-coloured text, flash graphics, or otherwise obnoxious images in your signatures. These are annoying and distracting. In addition, please refrain from using excessive special characters and emoticons in your signatures. Again, these are very distracting. Finally, do not increase the text size to make your forum signature "stand out". The standard text size is absolutely fine. Let's keep the text in signatures somewhat uniform, as crazy varieties just make the forum look sloppy and distracting.
- Recommended image size is 200px or less.
Have a good time, act maturely, be friendly, make friends, and discover! That's what this community is all about. Please avoid drama. We dislike it too when things go wrong but there's a report button. Do not "call out" other users - just report their post!
If you have any questions or if you're hesitant about posting something somewhere, feel free to PM one of our Staff members. We typically reply within a day. This rules may change without any notice from the staff team, in which it is your duty to regularly read the rules for any slight changes.